Art of Animation Resort is located at:
1850 Animation Way
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830
Have you always wanted to be in the middle of a Disney movie? The Art of Animation Resort makes you feel as if you really are. The latest addition to the Disney resorts surrounds you with the artistry of Disney and Disney•Pixar animated films Finding Nemo, The Lion King, Cars and the Little Mermaid. The Art of Animation Resort was designed for families to play and stay with all the comforts and theming you would expect from Disney Imagineers. With 1,120 family suites and 864 standard rooms, there is something for every family and every budget at the Art of Animation Resort. This resort goes above and beyond the other value resorts with it’s oversized theming and amenities.
Each area of the resort places focus on a famed Disney or Disney•Pixar animated file and the attention to detail is astounding.
The theming for each area includes:
- Finding Nemo – Step into the Big Blue World in this ocean setting complete with underwater plants and sea creature deceptions abound. You will have fun finding Nemo and Marlin, Dori, Squirt, the giant pink jellies and Mr. Ray gliding overhead. Join Crush on the EAC as you swim under the sea in the largest pool area of all the resorts.
- The Lion King – Get a little taste of the African plains with an Elephant Graveyard play area and your favorite friends from The Lion King – Simba, Rafiki, Zazu, Timon and Pumbaa as oversized Mufasa and Scar sit high atop their rocks. Even the hyenas – Shenzi, Banzai and Ed make an appearance.
- Cars – The Cars area of the resort welcomes you to the Cozy Cone Motel featured in the film. All of the building themes are based on the the movie’s characters, including Lightning McQueen, Sally, Mater, and Luigi and Guido for a dip in the Cozy Cone pool complete with cone cabanas.
- The Little Mermaid – Themed heavily with cutout objects on resort balconies, the undersea decor doesn’t fall short of amazing. With a 35 ft.. King Triton and Ursula – the theming is grand. Join Ariel, Prince Eric, Sebastian, Flounder and hundreds of fish around the smaller pool area.
In keeping with the other value resorts, all of the standard rooms found in The Little Mermaid area have either 2 double beds or one king sized bed and are approximately 277 sq ft. Maximum capacity for standard each room is 4 or 4 plus a small child under the age of 3 in a crib. Maximum capacity for rooms with a king bed is 2. Each room features brightly colored unique theming based on The Little Mermaid movie and offer a small refrigerator, nightstand, wall mirror, armoire, table and 2 chairs, an open closet area, wall safe and a vanity with a single sink that is separate from the bathroom area.
A step above the other value resorts, the Art of Animation offers family suites so that larger families can spread out and be comfortable. The Family Suites are found in the Cars, The Lion King and the Finding Nemo areas and all have a separate bedroom with a queen bed, a pull out sofa bed and the latest addition to Disney’s resorts – the Inovabed – which is a table that quickly converts to a bed in a matter of seconds. Each of the family suites also offer a kitchenette and 2 bathrooms, which is convenient for larger families. Each room features brightly colored unique theming based either on Cars, Finding Nemo or The Lion King movies.
Landscape of Flavors Food Court – Located in the heart Animation Hall, this quick-service, brightly-colored food court represent each of the 4 movies represented throughout the resort. The are 5 mini restaurants at the Landscape of Flavors offering grab ’n’ go items, grilled selections, pizza, pasta, sandwiches, healthy choices and ethnic cuisine.
- Soup-Salad-Sandwich Shop – Soups, classic salads, salad bar, Turkey sandwiches, Caprese sandwiches and buffalo-blue dip with potato chips
- World Flavors Shop – Serving breakfast lunch and dinner, enjoy challah french toast or a veggie flatbread sandwich, Mongolian beef, or tandoori chicken or shrimp
- Pizza Shop – create your own pasta dish, meatballs and various pizzas
- Burger Shop – Build-A-Burger station – custom made beef, vegetarian, or chicken burgers, pastrami cheeseburger, specialty cheeseburgers
- The Market – Freshly made smoothies, cappuccinos, espressos, desserts and gelatos
The Drop Off – Located at the Big Blue Pool , this brightly colored kiosk offers specialty adult cocktails, draft beer, wine and snacks for its guests who want to relax and unwind while the kiddos splash in the pool.
In-Room Pizza Delivery – Order an easy meal the whole family will enjoy and have it delivered directly to your room. Pizzas, wings, desserts and beverage are delivered right to your door from 5:00 pm to 1:00 am at the Pop Century Resort.
Pools – The Big Blue pool is the largest pool at the entire Walt Disney World resort and it comes complete with underwater speakers playing familiar music – another first for the resort. The zero entry pool provides lots of entertainment as your kids splash amongst their favorite friends from Finding Nemo in the 308,000+ gallon undersea replica. While underwater, you will not only hear music but the voices of Nemo, Dory and Crush. Righteous!
The Cozy Cone pool located in the Cars area is one of the quiet pools at the resort. It’s a perfect place to cool off without all the traffic of the Big Blue Pool. The 75,000 waterhole offers cone shaped cabanas and is surrounded by characters from the Cars movie.
The Flippin’ Fins pool is located in The Little Mermaid area and is another quiet pool at the resort. Make a splash as Sebastian conducts the Under the Sea Orchestra in this 104,000 gallon pool with oceans of fun.
Playground – The Righteous Reef playground, located in the Finding Nemo courtyard, gives kids the opportunity to run and play in a safe environment featuring soft and textured surfaces, swings, tunnels and slides designed just for them. There is also the Elephant Graveyard play area located in The Lion King courtyard.
Pixel Play Arcade – Open from 7:00 am to 1:00 am, this arcade located in Animation Hall offers state-of-the-art video games for kids enjoyment. The games require a Game Card that can be obtained at the kiosk in the arcade, are rechargeable and can be used at other Disney resorts. Guests with a Magic Your Way package receive 100 credits for gaming. Some of the games in the Fast Forward Arcade reward players with tickets that can be redeemed for prizes.
Movies Under the Stars – Cozy up under the stars for a nighttime movie outdoors at the Big Blue Pool. Movies vary from night to night and a schedule can be obtained at the Guest Services desk in Animation Hall.
Jogging Trail – This resort offers a 1.3 mile trail around the Art of Animation resort as well as the one-mile trail around the neighboring Pop Century Resort for those who want to get their walk or jog in for the day
Ink and Paint Shop – Located in the heart of Animation Hall, this is not your average souvenir shop. At the Ink and Paint Shop, there is literally something for everyone. With items that are exclusive to the Art of Animation Resort, you will find something perfect to remember your trip by. Also features Disney merchandise including apparel and accessories, plush and toys, housewares and gifts and other Disney themed items. You can also purchase snacks, candy, photo supplies, sundries and other travel necessities. Alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages are available too. Ink and Paint Shop is also conveniently open daily from 7:00 am to midnight daily. Guests staying in the Art of Animation Resort can also have any of their purchases made in the parks delivered to their resort for pick up in this location.
Disney Bus Transportation – TheArt of Animation Resort bus stop is located in front of Animation Hall and transports guests to the Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Hollywood Studios and the Animal Kingdom. The buses also transport guests to Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon and Downtown Disney. Guests that are trying to get to the Boardwalk area will either have to board a bus that is heading towards a park or Downtown Disney and transfer to a Boardwalk marked bus.