“Try the Grey Stuff, it’s delicious. Don’t believe me, ask the dishes!”
When you have dinner at Be Our Guest Restaurant, the Beauty and the Beast-themed restaurant in New Fantasyland Area of the Magic Kingdom Park, you are invited at the end of your meal to try the “Grey Stuff.” This famous dessert, as sung by Lumiere, is one of the most sought after desserts at the Walt Disney World Resort and one worth trying.
Often referred to as a cookies and cream mousse, this delicate dessert used to only be available during dinner and the servers were the ones to choose who would receive this special delight. Now, it is a staple on the Be Our Guest dessert menu by itself or even on top of a cupcake.
At a recent visit to Be Our Guest for dinner, we all tried the “Grey Stuff” and we were not disappointed. It IS delicious! It is also simple to make at home and makes for the perfect dessert to share with your Valentine.
Here’s what you will need:
- •1 small package (3.4 oz) Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix
- •1½ cups of whole or 2% milk
- •15 Oreos – original style not double stuff
- •1 small tub Cool Whip (8 oz)
- •3 tablespoons of Instant Chocolate Pudding Mix
- •Edible pearls in black, grey and white
- Mix the vanilla pudding mix and milk into a large bowl and whisk gently.
- Chill the pudding mixture in refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Blend the Oreo cookies in the food processor until they are a fine powder or crumbs, and no large cookie pieces.
- Mix the crushed Oreos into the chilled pudding mixture.
- Fold the Cool Whip whipped topping into the pudding mixture.
- Add the chocolate pudding mix and stir well until mixed together evenly.
- Place the mixture back into the refrigerator to chill and firm for an hour to an hour and a half.
- To achieve the same look that is served in Be Our Guest Restaurant, place the mixture into a piping bag with a decorative tip and swirl mixture on the plate.
- Sprinkle with edible pearls and enjoy